Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 1: My Voice


My name is Brandon Sisouphone, and I am a young audio enthusiast studying audio engineering and hoping to some day make a living in the audio field.

            I was born on December 20th 1990 in Charlotte, North Carolina. My fascination with sound began when I was very little. As a toddler I would bang on pots and pans and listen to the sounds they made. I also have memories of trying to mimic the pitch of the vacuum cleaner, trying to hit the same fundamental harmonic and hear it vibrate inside my head (which is a real thing, I swear I’m not crazy!!!).

            My mother always had a unique taste in music and although I don’t really listen to the same music she listens to (The Cure, The Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen), I find that her taste in music has definitely influenced mine. Thanks to this, I feel like I have a greater appreciation of certain styles of music and even though I like very energetic and happy music (punk-ska for the win), some of my favorite songs tend to be sadder and more emotional songs that I can connect a certain memory or several memories to.

            I’m not too sure what it is exactly that I want to do after I graduate. I’ve thought about maybe trying to further my education with a masters of some sort. As far as a career, a music producing career of some sort would always be ideal, but I’ll honestly take what I can get. I do like room acoustics and voice recording, and wouldn’t mind doing ADR for films, tv shows, commercials, cartoons, video games etc.  As long as I put my degree to good use and love what I’m doing I’ll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment